- Foster the love of theater that many students already have and enable them to see a variety of performances around the Bay Area.
▪ Encourage students to become critical spectators capable of not only viewing performance as entertainment, but also of breaking down various elements of a performance to analyze how they operate in the larger production.
▪ Guide students to apply what they learn from watching performances to their own performance technique.
▪ Help students develop and hone skills necessary to perform with safety and virtuosity.
- Any high school student on the Peninsula
▪ A $320 payment for annual dues will cover performance tickets and transportation, workshop fees, professional guest instructors, and materials
Lindsey had directed eight musicals for the Bay Area Educational Theater Company. She is a Ph.D. Candidate in Theater and Performance Studies at Stanford University, a graduate of Princeton University, and serves on the board of Performance Studies International. She has presented her research on performance and culture at national and international conferences and has published articles on politics and theater. Lindsey will organize and attend every session, lead the Directing Workshop, and guide post-show discussions.
￼￼email@example.com or (650) 332-4625